Welcome to November~ Time is such a mysterious thing, passing by at times in the blink of an eye. I hope that this beautiful autumn season has you all filled with a sense of peace and presence in your lives. Darker days, cooler temperatures, and the magnificent colors of the leaves on the trees. Things shifting into the inward season, a wonderful time for reflection, and of course a time of great transition and shifts for us all.
A few people have asked me about my newsletters being missed, and I want to apologize for not being more regular with them, life has been very full, and honoring my downtime has been key for balance to my being. Life is very beautiful right now, heart awareness is flowing strongly through me, and I am enjoying all of the openings that the universe is bringing.
I am excited to announce a few new offerings from Ananda Ayurveda. As many of you know I had been taking part in an Ayurvedic Counseling Course. I finished in July and have been working with clients steadily since. It has been a beautiful journey of deepening self discovery, and powerful inner healing for both myself and my clients. For more information visit the section on it down below. I am also happy to announce that I have a few new products to offer, I will be carrying beautiful Therapeutic Essential Oils from YoungLiving, as well as Planetary Oils from Enlightened Living Enterprises, both extremely powerful, soothing and healing for our bodies and spirits, for more information feel free to email, or to call me.
This November 3, I will be giving a free talk, and meditation on Ayurveda and the Energy Body, at Harmony Yoga in Downtown Duncan, from 1-1:30. The following week I will be sharing a workshop on Integrating Ayurveda Into Your Life, also at Harmony Yoga in downtown Duncan, from 1-3:30, $30. For more information or to reserve space please call: 250 597 3973
Yoga Classes are ongoing at Oceanfront Suites in Cowichan Bay, its such a beautiful place to practice. The sea lions are back and the ocean view is as lovely as ever.
As always I am offering beautiful and wonderful Bodywork Therapies, so soothing and nurturing, conscious healing, on such deep levels~ in a very gentle heart opening space. Consultations, Ayurvedic Counseling, Tarot Readings, and Jyotish Astrology are also ongoing.
Awareness Shifting Beneath Our Feet
Does the earth feel like it is rumbling beneath your feet? Earthquakes in October, on both the east and west coasts of North America reflect the shakiness of our stance on the earth today. Over the past few months, even the past year, I am noticing the steady increase of strong vibrations of change. There is great movement and growth happening in our beings, as we cleanse out the old to open for the new. Life is happening, moving and shaking us to our core, bringing up bright feelings of blissful hearts at times, and at others there may be waves of anxiety or stress. As the energy expands life often brings to us “big” moments whether they manifest in an illness, an emotional release, or just in lots of things coming our way at once. All of this energy is very important for our growth, what can seem unmanageable, is in fact exactly what we need to move forward onto the path of our true dharma. Remember we are never given more than we can handle, and even the huge struggles of life, are our biggest opportunities for us to expand. I know that it is not always easy to embody this, especially if we are in the midst of a very difficult time. Trust that life is full of valleys, and the darkest, deepest ones lead the way to the highest peaks. Just like earthquakes these shaky times are actually important for releasing stress. If we can let go of our judgement on what is happening, the uncomfortable buzzing, the busy minds, the stress in our bodies and even feelings of fear, can all be healthy indications of energy moving, as the nervous system refreshes and replenishes itself.
So what can we do to ease any feelings of discomfort we may have. How can we move with the flow, instead of feeling like we are constantly swimming against the current?
There are a many ways, and we are all different, so what works for one, may not for the other, but in general here are a few ideas, that have been powerful helpers in my journey, as in those of many clients and friends:
- Emotional Flow– Notice if you are restricting or pushing back any of your emotions. As things rise up in these tumultuous times it is important to let the energy flow. We are not our emotions, they are energy, and just like all energy they need to move, to be experienced, and as that happens in turn it can be released and transformed. Embrace the tears, accept the anger, and don’t run away from the fear~ welcome them and notice what happens when you do.
- Meditation– A daily meditation practice is wonderful for shedding the skins of the story, and realizing that truly, what is happening, is not the “real” you, instead just an opportunity for you to play, to grow and to learn. Meditation is also a great way to release stress from the nervous system, to tone and massage it, as well as to open the door to greater consciousness, and the realization of what we already are. 20 minutes once or twice a day is a huge boost towards our acceptance, our healing and our growth. I am teaching free mantra based meditation if you are interested in learning, and also happy to help with a zen based practice.
- Rest– Make sure that you are getting enough rest. In Ayurveda it is recommended to be in bed before ten pm, this can be difficult for many of us. If you stay up late regularly and find yourself tired the next day, try going to bed a half an hour earlier. On the days you don’t have to work let go of your alarm and notice if you sleep in. Often once we allow ourselves to start to rest, then the our body will really show us how tired we are and sleep will come easily and fully. If you are getting enough sleep, but still tired, nurture yourself with some gentle walks outside, a yoga class or two during the week, or weekly self massages followed by a bath~ a ritual for relaxation and peace. As we rest, we create the firm ground for stability and peace through the changes that are occurring
There are many more practices that help with the transformations, these are just a few. I believe what supports us most of all is listening to our heart, and trusting that we are not just ok, but that we are in the perfect place.
As many of us are experiencing great shifts and changes in our perception, and our consciousness there is a large desire to shed the patterns of the past, and to jump into the perfection of the spirit and the present. Often for us to embrace the magic of the “moment” we have to release our old conception of ourselves and of the world, enabling us to greet our daily lives with peaceful acceptance and joy. Much of today’s counseling happens in a very literal sense, working with the perception of our “story”, and learning to work through it all on the mental and emotional layers. In Ayurvedic Counseling we move deeper, getting to the core issues at hand with intuition, awareness and consciousness. As an Ayurvedic Counselor, I help to facilitate these shifts, but the client is the magician, learning the tools to connect deeply with their own being ,to experience powerful connection, and release. In essence remembering their true selves, before the patterns that served them once became stuck in place after their usefulness was over. Profound shifts are occurring in the universe today, and magic is happening. As I work with clients in this way, I see great support for the transformations of the soul, and huge shifts in just a few sessions that allow for the shedding of the old, and the blossoming of the new.
In Ayurvedic Counseling, you can learn:
- Natural Meditation (an effortless, mantra-based meditation)
- Intuition – How to access your inner knowing to aid in change and transformation
- The Energetic Flow of Emotions
- Chakra Needs and Chakra Healing
- Planetary Influences on your life and relationships through Vedic Astrology
All of this in a beautiful sacred space, safe and comforting~ whether it be in person in Duncan, BC or by skype from anywhere around the world.
For more information see Ayurvedic Counseling or call 250 597 3973.
Recipe Of The Month
Speaking of rest, one of the best ways to nurture our physical body, and to create ojas (essential energy of the body) is to have a cup of warm spiced milk before bed. Now I know that many people are lactose intolerant or vegan, and raw organic local cows milk can easily be substituted with a nut milk of your choice, or even a creamy coconut milk. If you do choose to drink milk from a cow, it is extremely important that it is as close to the source as possible, and that the cow it comes from is happy and fed well (non GMO organic grains), and that the milk is non homogenized. Its very hard to find milk like this in the west these days, but if you do, it can be nutritious, nurturing food. Another important thing to remember is that the milk is simmered for 10 minutes or so on a low heat, and always spiced, so that it doesn’t ferment in your body. If you are feeling very vata (airy, spacey, or perhaps anxious), you can always add a ¼ tsp of ghee to the milk for extra grounding.
Spiced Bedtime Milk
1 cup Milk (Cows, Goat, Nut, Rice or Coconut)
¼ tsp Ghee (optional)
honey, maple syrup or stevia to taste
Place all of the ingredients into a small pot, bring to a boil, and then let simmer for 10 minutes.
Sweeten and sleep well
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this~ I look forward to connecting more soon.
Enjoy Your Selves